Oscar 2018 Betting Picks for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress
If you’re a movie lover and betting aficionado that is looking forward to this weekend’s quickly approaching Academy Awards ceremony and you think you’ve got all the answers as far as who’s going to win the big awards, then you could cash in big with our Oscars betting picks!
If you’re a little unsure about which stars are most likely to bring home a coveted Oscar and you’re looking for a bit of expert assistance, then consider your Oscar ticket punched! I’ve got some expert Oscars betting picks on the four biggest Oscar awards there are. Now, let’s get down to business.
— Jimmy Kimmel Live (@JimmyKimmelLive) February 27, 2018
Day: 90th Annual Academy Awards, Oscars.
Date: March 04, 2018
Red Carpet Start Time: 5:00 pm Eastern Time|2:00 pm Pacific Time
Ceremony Start Time: 8:00pm Eastern Time|5:00pm Pacific Time
TV Stream: ABC Live
To Win Best Picture
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: -170
- The Shape of Water: +150
- Lady Bird: +1400
- Dunkirk: +4500
- Get Out: +1800
- The Post: +10000
- Call Me by Your Name: +8000
- Darkest Hour: +20000
- Phantom Thread +15000
“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” is now the favorite to win what will definitely be the closest Oscar race this year. Apparently, Three Billboards and Shape of Water are in a virtual tie among movie experts, with getting out definitely finishing third. The surge by “Three Billboards” has come at just the right time as final Oscar voting ended on Feb. 27. I’m going to say, back Three Billboards as the favorite, seeing as how the film won both Best Picture and Best British Film at the 2018 BAFTAs (British Academy Film Awards) which is a good indication of what will transpire at the Academy Awards.
Oscars Betting Pick: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
To Win Best Director
- Guillermo del Toro (The Shape of Water): -2000
- Christopher Nolan (Dunkirk): +750
- Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird): +2000
- Jordan Peele (Get Out): +5000
- Paul Thomas Anderson (Phantom Thread): +7500
Analysis: Guillermo del Toro won the best director at the BAFTAs and he’ll win the Academy Award as well, although he’s ‘come back to the pack’ ever so slightly in the minds of American voters.
Oscars Betting Pick: Guillermo del Toro.
To Win Best Actor
- Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour): -3500
- Timothee Chalamet (Call Me by Your Name): +2200
- Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out): +2200
- Daniel Day-Lewis (Phantom Thread): +2500
- Denzel Washington (Roman J Israel Esq.): +3500
Analysis: Gary Oldman won the vote for Best Actor from every BAFTA voter and is likely to sweep the award at the Academy Awards as well. Even if one or two voters do decide to go against the grain with their picks for Best Actor, there’s absolutely no way that Oldman fails to win what is essentially a virtual lock selection here!
Oscars Betting Pick: Gary Oldman.
To Win Best Actress
- Frances McDormand (3 Billboards): -3000
- Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird): +1200
- Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water): +1600
- Margot Robbie (I Tonya): +3000
- Meryl Streep (The Post): +6600
Analysis: Frances McDormand won Best Actress at the BAFTAs and she’s a landslide to repeat at the Academy Awards in a race that is just as much of a lock as the odds indicate.
Oscars Betting Pick: Frances McDormand.
Oscars odds at YouWager.eu will are available for this event.
- College Basketball News (56)
- College Football News (54)
- Entertainment (2)
- eSports News (6)
- Golf News (46)
- Horse Racing News (16)
- MLB News (110)
- Nascar & Auto Racing News (23)
- NBA News (103)
- NFL News (216)
- NHL News (55)
- Post (3)
- Soccer News (144)
- Tennis News (20)
- UFC & Boxing News (46)
- Video Editorial (53)
- YouWager Sports News & Updates (36)
- MLB Series: Tampa Bay Rays Vs New York Yankees, Betting Analysis
- MLB Series: Colorado Rockies Vs Houston Astros, Betting Analysis
- NCAA: Miami Hurricanes +3300, Odds to win the Championship
- NFL Preseason: Pittsburgh Steelers Vs Green Bay Packers & New York Jets Vs Washington Redskins
- NFL Preseason: Philadelphia Eagles at New England Patriots; Betting Analysis