The Smart Way to Tackle The NFL Odds for Week 9
We are now beyond the halfway point of the 2017 NFL season, and it is quickly becoming obvious which teams are likely to be challenging for the Super Bowl this year. Once the Monday night game is over, we can start to look ahead to Week 9 to get an idea of where the smart money might be going this coming weekend. The great thing about this stage of the season is that we have some real trends to dig into to get an idea of how the upcoming games might play out. There are other factors that we should be looking at before making our picks, so let’s look at the smart way to bet on the NFL Odds.
.@DeionSanders‘ Top 5 Performances from Sunday!
— NFL (@NFL) October 30, 2017
NFL Week 9 Odds
- Buffalo Bills (-3) vs NY Jets
- LA Rams (-3.5) vs NY Giants
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints (-7)
- Denver Broncos vs Philadelphia Eagles (TBA)
- Cincinnati Bengals vs Jacksonville Jaguars (-5)
- Atlanta Falcons vs Carolina Panthers (-2.5)
- Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans (-13)
- Baltimore Ravens vs Tennesse Titans (TBA)
- Washington Redskins vs Seattle Seahawks (-7)
- KC Chiefs vs Dallas Cowboys (TBA)
- Oakland Raiders (-3) vs Miami Dolphins
- Detroit Lions (-2.5) vs GB Packers
Look at Teams Coming Off a Bye
There are no less than 6 teams coming off a bye in Week 9, and that could very well have an impact on how you bet on games. Some of those teams will come back rested and ready to go, while others may be carrying a little bit of rust. The better coaches in the bunch will have used that extra time to put together a great game plan for the next game up. Look at the past history of these 6 teams when coming off the bye, and use that as one of your key indicators for potential success.
Look for Fragile Favorites
If you take a look at the early odds on any given week, you will probably find a few games where the spreads don’t seem to make a lot of sense. I like to get in early on these, as the betting odds can start to move as the week progresses. The one that catches my attention this week is the Carolina Panthers as a 2-point favorite over the Atlanta Falcons. Neither team has looked particularly good this year, but if you look at the talent on both squads, it is the Falcons that are arguably better. They are due for a big win and performance, and their first division game may be where it comes.
Look at 3-Week Form
When betting on football, the common practice is to go way back in time to look for trends that may have little to no impact on the game that you want to wager on. This is the stage of the NFL season when we usually start to see some separation. The teams that are going to be playoff bound tend to get into form when the midway part of the season comes around, while lesser teams fall. The previous 3 weeks performances are usually a good indicator of how things might go. For example, look at how the Pittsburgh Steelers defense has tightened up dramatically in the past 3 weeks, or how the Packers have stumbled with Aaron Rodgers out of the picture.
Use These Tips to Put Together Parlay Tickets
By Week 9 of the NFL season, you should have more than enough information available to you to make your picks with an increasing degree of confidence. In the early part of the season, single bets are often the path that we bettors choose, but with more to go on in the second half, you should have the confidence to start putting together some winning parlays. If you really want to boost your bankroll in the second half, parlays are the way to go, so don’t be afraid to put together 2- and 3-team combos.
- Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Game Information, Soccer Betting Picks and Odds
- Top NHL Games of the Week Feb 19 Edition
- NCAA Basketball: Top Games and Betting Picks Feb. 21 Edition
- Road to March Madness: Illinois Fighting Illini (13-15) Vs. #2 Michigan State Spartans (26-3)
- Chelsea Vs Barcelona: Game Information, Soccer Betting Picks and Odds